What this Notice covers
Consumer Credit Solutions Limited is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information relating to you.
This notice does not form part of any agreement or contract and may be updated at any time.
Identity of the data controller
We are a data controller for any personal information that we hold relating to you. This means that we are responsible for determining how information relating to you is used, stored and shared.
Categories of personal data we process
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your contact details such as phone numbers and email addresses
- Details of your employment such as the company you work for and the position you hold
Sources of personal data
We collect personal information relating to you directly from you as you may have got in contact with us directly, completed a contact form or downloaded a brochure from our website.
We may also be passed your information by a 3rd party as they have referred you to us due to the products and services that we provide.
Your business or employer may also provide us with your personal information where they deem it necessary to do so.
Our lawful bases for processing your data
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract that we have entered into with you, your business or with our lender partners.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party (such as our lender) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where you have consented for us to process your data for specific purposes.
- To comply with relevant legislation and regulation.
Our purposes for processing your data
- Performing the contract that we have entered in to with you and/or our lender partners. We have a contractual obligation to our lenders to hold information pertaining to our clients.
- To provide information to you relating to our products and services which you have requested. This could include providing information from our lender partners pertaining to their credit facilities and services.
- To issue marketing material and brochures to you about the products and services we offer.
We may gather information about your general internet usage by using cookies. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data that does not include, and cannot be used to retrieve, any personal details whatsoever.
We may gather cookies for the purpose of improving our website.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. You can also delete any existing cookies from your computer at any time.
Credit Reference Agencies
Where it is necessary under our lawful bases for processing, we may share your personal information with Credit Reference Agencies for the purposes of performing credit checks on your business to determine whether we are able to offer our products and services to your business. Credit checks will be conducted by Experian and/or Dun & Bradsheet (D&B). The Credit Reference Agencies have their own privacy notices which can be viewed on their websites https://www.experian.co.uk/privacy-policies.html and https://www.dnb.co.uk/utility-pages/privacy-policy.html .
Who has access to your data?
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract we have entered in to with you or our lender partners, or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Recipients of your data may include third-party service providers, our lenders, other related business entities, a regulator, or to otherwise comply with the law.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we decide how long to retain your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or contractual requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under data protection law you have several rights relating to the personal information we hold relating to you. These rights only apply in specific circumstances and should you wish to exercise any of these, you should get in touch with us on the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information that we hold.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you if you believe it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Request erasure of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; if our processing of your personal information is based upon legitimate interests and you believe it is no longer necessary; or if you believe we have processed your personal data unlawfully or not for the purposes which it was intended.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; you have requested that your personal information is corrected and want to restrict processing whilst we correct it; where you believe our processing is unlawful but do not want us to erase your personal information; where we no longer need to store your personal information but you require us to do so to enable you to exercise or defend a legal claim.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner by visiting their website https://ico.org.uk/.
We do not use any electronic automated decision-making systems to process your personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Company reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time. You can request the most up to date version from us at any time by contacting us on the contact details below.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Consumer Credit Solutions Limited, 22 Eaton Avenue, Matrix Office Park, Euxton, Lancashire, PR7 7NA. Please mark for the attention of Lewis Jenkinson, Data Protection Officer.